I like to read, but find it difficult to fit in some quiet time on a regular basis. I'm usually far too busy with work and my family to sit down with a book. Then I saw an online ad for a site that sells unabridged audio books, and I clicked through to check it out. They offered a free trial download, which I took advantage of. I loved it! Instead of having to find extra time to read, I could now just listen to a book while commuting to and from work.

After that initial trial, I started checking out ways to get more unabridged audio books. Becoming a full member at a site like Audible.com is one option, but I didn't want to lock myself into paying $15 or more every month. For those that can afford it, Audible is an excellent choice. They have a huge selection of unabridged audio books, including a large number of new releases from the most popular authors around. The download interface appears to be easy enough to use, and the files can be played on any digital music player on the market. But like I said, I didn't want to pay for a membership, so I kept looking.

I then found a website called Librivox that offers free unabridged audio books that anyone can download without paying a dime. The catch is that they only deal with publications that are in the public domain (meaning titles that are more than 75 years old) and the works are read by volunteers. If you like reading classics and don't mind the wildly varying degree of skill among the volunteers, then this would be a good alternative to joining a pay-to-listen program.

The best source of free unabridged audio books turned out to be my local public library. My valid membership card allows me to "borrow" unabridged audio books for either 14 or 21 days, after which time the files expire and can no longer be played. Two to three weeks is plenty of time to get through a single book, so I've never had a problem with the time limit. Also, I don't mind that I can't use the files again after the lending period expires. It's not as though there are many titles out there that I would listen to over and over again.

Now that I'm getting free unabridged audio books from my library, my daily commute has become more productive and enjoyable than ever. I love being able to just sit there and be entertained by listening to a great story as I drive. If you're interested in unabridged audio books too, then I suggest checking out the sites I mentioned above as well as your nearest library. I'm sure you'll find something you can listen to!


View the original article here

Spread The Love, Share Our Article

0 comments:

Post a Comment